Assessment - ResourceS
Past NASPA Annual Conference Sponsored Programs
|Program Title||Coordinating Presenter||Powerpoint/Other Resources|
|The integrated student: Advancing practice and research on student learning in student affairs||Amy Homkes-Hayes|
|Courageous Collaboration: Team-Based Approaches to Strategic Planning for Student Success||Todd Chamberlin|
Latest Revised Date: 1-20-2014
Recommended Reading and Articles
- Allen, K. R., Elkins, B., Henning, G. W., Bayless, L. A., &Gordon, T. W. (2013). Accreditation and the role of the student affairs professional. Washington, DC: ACPA-College Student Educators International. Available fromhttp://www2.myacpa.org/publications
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA). (2007).ASK standards: Assessment skills and knowledge content standards for student affairs practitioners and scholars.Washington, D. C.: Author.
- Angelo, T. & Cross, K. (1993). Class assessment techniques: A handbook for college teachers. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Banta, T. W., Lund, J. P., Black, K. E., Oblander, F. W. (Eds.) (1996). Assessment in practice: Putting principles to work on college campuses. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Bloom, B. S. (1968). Learning for mastery. UCLA: Center for the study of evaluation of instructional programs, (1)2. Los Angeles, CA.
- Bresciani, M. J., Zelna, C. L., and Anderson, J. A. (2004).Assessing student learning and development: A handbook for practitioners. Washington, D.C.: National Association of Student Personnel Administrators.
- Bresciani, M. J., Moore Gardner, M., Hickmott, J. (2010).Demonstrating Student success: A practical guide to outcomes-based assessment of learning and development in student affairs. Sterling, VA: Stylus.
- Bresciani, M. J. (2011, August). Making assessment meaningful: What new student affairs professionals and those new to assessment need to know (NILOA Assessment Brief: Student Affairs). Urbana, IL: University for Illinois and Indiana University, National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment.
- Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education. Professional standards in higher education(August, 2012). 8th Ed. Washington, D.C.: Author.
- Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (2006). Frameworks for assessing learning and development outcomes. Washington, D.C.: Author.
- Culp, M. M. & Dungy, G. J. (Eds.). (2012). Building a culture of evidence in student affairs: A guide for leaders and practitioners. Washington, D.C.: National Association of Student Personnel Administrators.
- Ewell, P. T. (2009, November). Assessment, accountability, and improvement: Revisiting the tension(NILOA Occasional Paper No.1). Urbana, IL: University of Illinois and Indiana University, National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment.
- Keeling, R. (Ed.). (2004). Learning reconsidered. A campus-wide focus on the student experience. Washington, D.C.: National Association of Student Personnel Administrators & American College Personnel Association.
- Keeling, R. P (Ed). (2006). Learning reconsidered 2: A practical guide to implementing a campus-wide focus on the student experience. Washington, D.C.: American College Personnel Association, Association of College and Housing Officers—International, Association of College Unions—International, National Academic Advising Association, National Association of Campus Activities, National Association of Student Personnel Administrators, & National Intramural—Recreational Sports Association.
- Keeling, R. P., Wall, A. F., Underhile, R., and Dungy, G. J. (2008). Assessment reconsidered. Washington, D. C.: International Center for Student Success and Institutional Accountability.
- Keller, D. K. (2006). The tao of statistics: A path of understanding (with no math). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Maki, P. L. (2004). Assessing for learning: Building a sustainable commitment across the institution. Sterling, VA: Stylus.
- Miller, M. A. (2012, January). From denial to acceptance: The stages of assessment (NILOA Occasional Paper No.13). Urbana, IL: University of Illinois and Indiana University, National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment.
- Palomba, Catherine A., & Banta, Trudy W. (1999).Assessment essentials: Planning, implementing, improving. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Pascarella, E. T., & Terenzini, P. T. (2005). How college affects students: A third decade of research. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Schuh, J. M., Upcraft, M. L. and Associates.(2001).Assessment practice in student affairs: An applications manual. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Schuh, J. M., & Associates (2008). Assessment methods for student affairs. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Schuh, J. H., & Gansemer-Topf, A. M. (2010, December).The role of student affairs in student learning assessment(NILOA Occasional Paper No.7). Urbana, IL: University of Illinois and Indiana University, National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment.
- Schuh, J. (Ed.) (2013, Summer). Selected contemporary issues in assessment. (J. Schuh, Ed.) New Directions in Student Services 2013(142).
- Suskie, L. A. (2009). Assessing student learning: A common sense guide (2nd Ed). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Timm. D. M., Davis Barham. J., McKinney, J., & Knerr, A. R. (2013). Assessment in practice: A companion guide to the ASK standards. Washington, DC: ACPA-College Student Educators International. Available from http://www2.myacpa.org/publications
- Upcraft, M.L and Schuh, J.H. (1996). Assessment in student affairs: a guide for practitioners. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Urdan, T. (2001). Statistics in plain English. Mahwah, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum Association.
- Walvoord, B.E. (2004). Assessment clear and simple: A practical guide for institutions, departments, and general education. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Association for Higher Education Effectiveness - http://www.ahee.org
- Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education - http://aalhe.org
- Internet Resources for Higher Education Outcomes Assessment - http://www2.acs.ncsu.edu/UPA/archives/assmt/resource.htm
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment - http://www.learningoutcomeassessment.org
- Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education - www.cas.edu
- Student Affairs Assessment Leaders - http://studentaffairsassessment.org
Student Affairs Assessment Websites
- Boston College
- California State University, Long Beach
- California State University, Stanislaus
- Christopher Newport University
- College of Southern Nevada
- Colorado State University
- Dartmouth College
- Florida State University
- Indiana State University
- John Carroll University
- Louisiana State University
- Michigan State University
- Mississippi State University
- North Carolina State University
- New York University
- North Carolina Central University
- North Dakota State University
- Northern Arizona University
- Northern Illinois University
- NOVA Southeastern University
- Ohio State University
- Oklahoma State University
- Old Dominion University
- Oregon State University
- Otterbein College
- Penn State UP
- Portland State University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Southern Polytechnic State University
- Syracuse University
- Tarleton State University
- Texas A&M University
- Texas Tech University
- The Ohio State University
- The Pennsylvania State University
- University of Alabama
- University of Alaska Anchorage
- University of Albany
- University of Arizona
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, San Diego
- University of Central Florida
- University of Georgia
- University of Hawaii at Manoa
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of La Verne
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- University of North Texas
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- University of Utah
- University of Vermont
- University of Washington
Original Source: ACPA/NASPA Survey of Assessment Professionals in Student Affairs - Fall 2007. Interested in having your Student Affairs Assessment Website posted on this page? Contact Ted Elling.