Registration for Candid Conversations is now closed.
About Candid Conversations formerly known as Panel of Listeners
Candid Conversations provides one-on-one brief and confidential mentoring sessions for women and transgender at all professional levels during the annual conference, and during some regional conferences. Senior women leaders serve as the "listeners" and meet by appointment with mentees. Listeners provide coaching and advice on a wide range of professional development and career issues. Consultations are confidential. Information and advice provided in mentoring sessions represent the opinions of the "Listener" and are not representations of NASPA as an association. There is no expectation of follow-up contact as part of the program, although this may occur by mutual consent.
As of January 2013, the Center for Women Board elected to change the name from Panel of Listeners to Candid Conversations. After speaking with past participants and to better reflect the give and take nature of the one-on-one format, the name was changed to Candid Conversations.
Candid Conversations is sponsored by the NASPA Center for Scholarship, Research and Professional Development for Women. The program is based on a concept originally developed by the National Association for Women in Education (NAWE), an association of women that closed its doors several years ago and to which the Center is deeply indebted. The program was re-initiated by NASPA at the 2003 national conference.
How It Works
Listeners and mentees each create a profile using the links below. Based on the interest areas of the Listener and Mentee, the mentee will be matched accordingly. Matches will be relesased on March 4, 2013. This will allow time for the Listener and Mentee to connect and create a time to meet at the NASPA Annual Conference.
to both the Listener and the mentee. Profile information on mentees will also be provided to Listeners. Once a Listener's appointment slots are filled, her profile will be removed from the web site.
Mentee Tips & Obligations
- The more flexible you are in terms of listener choice, the better the odds that you will be matched. Only one match will be made per mentee.
- Matches are made in the order the mentee profiles are received, so don't delay submitting your profile. Appointments go fast.
- Listeners are available only at the times indicated. However, "Listener" recruitment is ongoing and the website will be updated regularly from January through late February.
- Demand often exceeds the supply of Listener appointments, so if your plans change and you cannot keep your appointment, contact your Listener or Lucy Fort with NASPA, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Everyone is very busy during the conference. Make note of the date and time of your appointment in your schedule of conference activities. Please don't be a "no show."
Lucy Fort 202-265-7500 ext. 1171 or email@example.com