Channing Briggs Small Research Grant
The NASPA Foundation supports the discovery of new knowledge through research and innovation in the field of student affairs. This is achieved through a continued commitment to funding selected proposals as submitted annual to the Foundation. Applications for the Channing Briggs Small Grants are open and will close July 15, 2014. The July 2014 winners will be released by mid-October, 2014.
Channing Briggs Small Grant Winners Include:
July 2013 Channing Briggs Small Grant Selected Recipients:
- Appel-Silbaugh, Cara, "Within scope but out of sight: A study of wellness culture at a high achieving STEM institution"
- Gipson, John, "A Comprehensive Investigation of High-Achieving African American Students Attending Community Colleges: A Mixed Methods Research Study"
- Chinn, Nancy, "Concussion Knowledge and Community College Student-Athletes: Uncovering Factors that Influence Self-Reporting"
- Jodoin, Elizabeth, "Assisting Distressed College Students: Assessment of an Online Interactive Training for Student Support Professionals"
- McGuire, Keon, "The Stories We Tell"
- Poon, OiYan, "Student-initiated conferences: A phenomenon of Asian American student agency and community leadership"
- VanDerLinden, Kim, "The Role of Student Affairs Divisions in Regional Accreditation"
- Whitford, Heidi, "Contextualizing the Higher Education Opportunity of Undocumented Students in Florida: Perspectives of Student Services Administrators"
July 2012 Channing Briggs Small Grant Selected Recipients:
- Cox, Bradly, Self-Authorship Among Active Student Affairs Professionals
- Godlewska, Anna, Engaging and Retaining Aboriginal (First Nation, Métis and Inuit) Students in University by Transforming Awareness and the Environment
- Jenkins, Toby, All in the Family: The Importance & Utility of Integrating Family into the Co-Curricular College Experience
- Sriram, Rishi, The Continual National Measurement and Assessment of Student Affairs Competencies
- Vacchi, David, Defining and Describing the Contemporary Student Veteran Population
January 2012 Channing Briggs Small Grant Selected Recipients:
- Harper, Sean, Teaching and Learning about Race in SA & HE Graduate Programs
- Stebleton, Michael, The Experience of Immigrant College Students Attending Large Research Universities in the US
- Weber, Stacy, How College Access Programs Facilitate Access to Higher Education for Low-income, first generation college students