Outstanding Undergraduate Adult Learner Program
Given in recognition of an outstanding entity/program within a higher education institution that provides exceptional support--characterized by a collection of creative methods--to undergraduate adult learners. Areas of consideration may include, but are not limited to, cost-effectiveness of services or wise use of resources, overall reach, and the involvement of others outside of the immediate program. Nominees for this award are innovative areas that break new ground in serving adult learners, raise substantial awareness in the surrounding community, and/or make an exceptional impact.
*Award will be given in two categories, community college and four-year institution.
Recipients will receive a certificate and plaque of award, and be recognized at the NASPA annual conference. Additionally a letter of commendation will be sent from the NASPA ALSC KC Chair to the institution president, student affairs officer and selected local media. Finally the program/entity will be showcased on the NASPA ALSC KC website.
1. Addresses needs of undergraduate nontraditional students or adult learners to encourage persistence.
2. Shows involvement, inclusion, and collaboration with others.
3. Uses innovative and creative methods, practices, or activities.
4. Imbedded with a practice of outcomes and assessment.
*Submissions will be assessed for the quality of the description, explanation of concepts, and clarity of writing.
- Materials must be submitted by the specified deadline.
- Materials include a description and outline of the program/entity of 1250 words or less. (PDF)
- Materials include a summary of the assessment and outcomes 500 words or less.(PDF)
- Letter(s), maximum of two, of support for the nominated program. (PDF)
- Include an executive summary 500 words of less. (PDF)
- Include supporting materials, photos, flyers, etc. must be in PDF or JPG format.
2019 Outstanding Undergraduate Adult Learner Program
Accelerated Leadership Program - Grand Valley State University
View All Current Recipients
2018 | Broome County H.E.A.R.S.
- SUNY Broome and Binghamton Univ.
2017 | Deborah Barnett
Non-Traditional Student Services - Southern Illinois University Carbondale
2016 | Susan Stiers and Sylvia Scott
Off-Campus Connections - University of Arkansas