AVP/Senior-Level Student Affairs Professional Award
This award honors a student affairs professional at the AVP or senior-level whose outstanding commitment to the profession includes development of programs that address the needs of students, creation of a campus environment that promotes student learning and development, and support of and active engagement in NASPA.
NASPA Annual Awards
Deadline: Nov. 01, 2017
Any NASPA member may nominate an individual for this award.Apply Now
Below are the criteria that the Selections and Awards Committee of the NASPA Board of Directors will use to evaluate the nominees. Bolded bullets are required, while non-bolded bullets are preferred.
- Professional responsibility for the direction and oversight of two or more student affairs functional areas, and/or three or more professional staff members
- Record of innovative programming that has had an impact on the home campus environment in more than one functional area of student affairs
- Volunteer service to the association via leadership roles at the state, regional, national, or international levels
- At least ten years of service to the student affairs profession or relevant functional area
- Reports to the deputy or most senior student affairs officer on campus and is not the Vice President of Student Affairs
- Active individual NASPA membership
- Progression from entry-level to senior-level leadership roles within NASPA’s volunteer ranks
Associate Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students - Framingham State University
View All Current Recipients