Region IV-East Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Award
This award is presented to an office/department/division at a college or university within Region IV-East that demonstrates a successful record of achievement in celebrating and creating a welcoming and inclusive campus environment. Cultural diversity includes issues related, but not limited to, race, religion, ethnicity, creed, gender, gender identity, military status, sexual orientation, and/or disability.
- Have a strong and sustained record of professional and/or civic involvement in activities that promote diversity and inclusion in education and/or the community
- Be actively engaged in advocating for, and advancing, diversity and inclusion in the profession through one's administrative and/or academic work
- Have a reputation for taking a stand on critical issues related to diversity, and inclusion even at risk to one's reputation and vocation
- Be dedicated to creating a campus environment that is culturally diverse and accepting of differences
- Be known as an individual whose work has "broken barriers" and in so doing has served as a role model, and helped to facilitate employment and educational access and opportunity, for others from diverse backgrounds
- Be an active NASPA member within Region IV-East.
Please organize and limit material to relevant documentation. All required information must be submitted electronically via the online nomination form.
Once nominations are submitted for the Region IV-East Award for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, the Awards Committee may contact the nominator for names of persons from their respective campus community to gain additional supportive testimony. The award recipient(s) may be invited to present the selected program at the regional conference.
Winners will be notified in October and the presentation of the awards will take place at the Region IV-East Conference in November in Des Moines, Iowa. Award winners should make every attempt to attend the Region IV-East Conference.
STEP 1: Write a letter of nomination from any staff member within NASPA Region IV-E member institution.
STEP 2: Letter of support from the President/Chancellor of the nominated institution
STEP 3: Gather the nominee's contact information and resume/c.v. (if necessary)
STEP 4: Evidence of meeting the defined criteria for the award. Evidence may be in the form of descriptive material, testimonials, evaluations, assessments and/or other documentation
STEP 5: The person coordinating the nomination should gather the nomination materials (depending on the nomination may include letter(s) of support, a proposal, resume/C.V, etc.), visit the awards' website and submit the materials online. All of the application materials must be uploaded at the same time.
STEP 6: Submit the nomination by the published deadline.
Director of Multicultural Affairs, Multi-Cultural Affairs - North Central College
View All Current Recipients
2016 | IWU Division of Student Affairs
Illinois Wesleyan University -
2015 | Office for Student Affairs and Student Unions and Activities
University of Minnesota -