Region IV-East Innovative Program
This award will be presented to the professional(s) or institution who has developed an outstanding innovative program within Region IV-East. Recognized programs demonstrate ideas, methods, or programs which furthers the growth of students and enhances life on campus. Additionally the program should reflect a result of improved educational activities, services, or management for a college or university community.
Winners will be notified in October and the presentation of the awards will take place at the Region IV-East Conference in November Des Moines, Iowa. Award winners should make every attempt to attend the Region IV-East Conference.
- Program must have been in practice a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 5 years
- Addresses a demonstrated need on campus
- Contains an evaluation component
- Demonstrates financial creativity or cost effectiveness
- Encourages inclusion of diverse and/or multiple subgroups to participate
- Enhances student learningInvolves collaboration with other college or university departments
- Program should be adaptable at other institutions
Please Note: This award will be presented to the professional(s) responsible for the successful innovative program. The award recipient(s) may be invited to present the selected program at the regional conference.
STEP 1: Write a letter of nomination.
STEP 2: Gather the nominee's contact information and resume/c.v.
STEP 3: Gather evidence of meeting the defined criteria for the award. Evidence may be in the form of descriptive material, testimonials, evaluations, assessments and/or other documentation.
STEP 4: Prepare a description (1-2 pages) of the program and its benefits to students and the institution
STEP 5: The person coordinating the nomination should gather the nomination materials (depending on the nomination may include letter(s) of support, a proposal, resume/C.V, etc.), visit the awards' website and submit the materials online. All of the application materials must be uploaded at the same time.
STEP 6: Submit the nomination by the published deadline.
Kent State of Wellness
- Kent State University
View All Current Recipients
2017 | GUARD
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2016 | Recovery Community
- St. Cloud State University
2015 | Thursdays in the D
- Wayne State University
2014 | Christopher Jorgenson
Fireball - University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire