Hello Sexual and Relationship Violence Prevention, Education, and Response Knowledge Community Members!
We are soliciting nominations for NASPA members to serve as the next Chair/Co-Chair for NASPA’s Sexual and Relationship Violence Prevention, Education, and Response Knowledge Community (SRVPER KC). We invite you to view the full National KC Chair/Co-Chair Position Description. The KC Chair/Co-Chair is elected for a three-year term:
- one year (March, 2019-March 2020) as KC Chair-/Co-Chair-Elect
- two years (March 2020-March 2022) as KC Chair/Co-Chair.
Any NASPA member may nominate another member, or submit a self-nomination for the role of Chair-elect or Co-chair-elects. This nominee does not need to currently be on the SRVPER KC. Two nominees who would like to serve as Co-chairs is also accepted (and encouraged!) The following criteria will be taken into consideration for each nominee:
- regional and/or national visibility in the SRVPER KC or other KCs,
- participation in the SRVPER KC or other KCs at the regional or national level, and
- other contributions to the profession that relate to the mission of the SRVPER KC or other KCs.
If you wish to nominate someone, or you are interested in serving in this position, please submit your nomination by email to a member of the nominations committee no later than Friday, October 26, 2018 at 5:00pm EST. A nomination must include the following:
- Nominee(s) name, NASPA Member ID, title, institution, mobile phone number, and email address.
- Digital photograph (A standard “professional” headshot is most appropriate. If a color photograph is submitted, it will appear on the ballot in color; if a black-and-white photograph is submitted, it will appear on the ballot in black-and-white.)
- Current resume or C.V. devoid of personal information (e.g., home address, home phone number) and with any references removed. The resume or C.V. must be submitted in PDF format.
- Candidate statement (500-700 words, MS Word format) that clearly and concisely articulates the nominee’s philosophy, purpose, and/or goals. The candidate statement may include paragraph breaks where needed. If nominees are running as co-chairs, they should submit a single, joint candidate statement, which conforms to the 500-700 word requirement.
- Candidate(s) must have a current NASPA membership.
The nominations committee will review nominees’ materials, and then submit a final list of candidates to the NASPA Office for the official ballot. The NASPA Office will prepare the official ballot for distribution to all SRVPER KC members. Ballots will be mailed electronically to all KC members in January, 2019, and elections will be open for 30 days. If you have any questions, please contact Michael Blackman, Ashleigh Hala, Courtney Lynn Diener, or Sareern Lambright Dale with the KC nominating committee. Thank you for your interest and participation.
Courtney Lynn Diener
Sareen Lambright Dale