Online Briefing Series for Women
Based on feedback from the NASPA membership, the Center for Women developed an online briefing series on a variety of hard and soft skills that tie to student affairs and higher education. These programs will be offered every other month and will focus on issues relevant toward women in the field of higher education and student affairs. This website will continue to be updated with upcoming programs and registration information. Members are encouraged to register and encourage to bring staff members participate in the presentation as well.
Have an idea?
The Center for Women is hosting a call for online briefings and hope you will consider an idea for a presentation. Workshops are asked to be targeted to professional development topics for women in higher education and student affairs. Consider submitting your program to be featured as part of the online series for the Center for Women. Submissions will be evaluated on an on-going basis.
Learning Outcomes for the 2018-2019 Online Briefing Series
- Online briefings will focus on women’s issues on a college campus and presented by those with expertise in the foundational area.
- The online briefing series provides a venue to continue to advance and showcase the research and practice being developed about women in higher education.
- Content will be delivered in a flexible and accessible format that matches the known demands for women.
- Content selection will be done in collaboration with other groups within NASPA and outside partners.
Some sample topics for this year's series could include:
- Gaining Experience for Advancement and Growth
- The Job Search Process / Interviewing
- Life Management (care giving, life management)
Missed a Previous Online Briefing?
No worries! Each online briefing is available on-demand within two weeks following the live session. Take a look at past programs sponsored by the Center for Women below.
- January 2018: #BossLady: Career Advancement is more than Serendipity
- September 2017: The Art of Creating Your Own Career Path
- April 2017: The Student Affairs Mid-Level Administrator: The Power and Strength of Leading from the Middle
- February 2017: Landing the job you want: Top 10 strategies to capitalize on the job search process
- December 2016: Beyond Busy: Developing Life Work Integration for Women in Student Affairs
- October 2016: Intersections of Identity at Work: Race, Ethnicity, and Gender (self-care and support)