Get Involved with the Parent and Family Relations KC
Consider getting more involved in the Parent and Family Relations KC (PFRKC) by joining the Leadership Team! Posted below are current openings and opportunities:
Leadership Team Positions
To be considered for a Leadership Team position, you must be a NASPA KC member and be willing to devote time towards the betterment of the KC. If you are interested in being considered for future leadership opportunities, please contact Alexandra Brown or visit Volunteer Central.
- Work with the KC Chair/Vice-Chairs to craft and implement marketing and solicitation plan for nominations and/or submissions for the four (4) PFRKC awards.
- Establish review committee and timeline for submission review and decisions.
- Serve as lead communicator with review committee and nominees; including response to questions or concerns during nomination/review process and notification to award recipients.
- Work with Conference Chair to plan awards recognition event/programming at National conference.
- Identify physical award item (i.e. plaque) and work with Co-chair(s) to order
Region IV- East Representative
- The Regional KC Representatives work to serve the collective efforts of their Knowledge Community within a particular region.
- Assist with achieving KC goals by leading Knowledge Community Activity with the region, and assist in moving the National KC agenda forward
- Work to increase the number of NASPA members who affiliate with the KC, and develop a regional KC leadership team that generates and disseminates knowledge to the region's membership
For Region IV-East, other Regional KC Representative responsibilities include:
- Attendance at the NASPA IV-East Regional Conference, representing your Knowledge Community, raising awareness of engagement with your Knowledge Community, and submitting and supporting programming, training, and engagement pertinent to advancing the work of your Knowledge Community among members and regional memberships.
- Participation in Monthly Regional Check-In Meetings with the IV-East Knowledge Community Representatives and the Region IV-East Knowledge Community Co-Coordinators.
- Through individual and collaborative efforts, and in alignment with your Knowledge Community purpose and agenda, work to create engagement opportunities for your Knowledge Community and regional membership that advances both the sharing and creation of knowledge, skills, and discussion related to topics pertinent to your Knowledge Community in Region IV-East.
In addition to the specific responsibilities listed above, all leadership team members are expected to:
- Communicate with national PFRKC co-chair(s) on a regular basis via monthly conference calls and/or via email as necessary.
- Actively recruit new NASPA PFRKC members.
- Determine hot topics and trends to share with co-chairs and PFRKC members.
- Attend the national NASPA conference in the spring and participate in PFRKC-related activities.
- Engage in or encourage new research in the field of parent & family relations.
- Share ideas for improving PFRKC services and resources.
- Encourage members to submit PFRKC-related program proposals to regional and national conferences.
- Identify members for future regional and national leadership positions in the PFRKC.
- Review programs for consideration as a PFRKC sponsored programs at the NASPA conference.
In addition to the above opportunities, the PFRKC Leadership Team is always open to new & creative ways for members to serve the KC. If you have an interest in serving, but don't see a position above that interests you OR you have a new idea, please contact the Chairs directly!