The mission of the Student Leadership Programs Knowledge Community is to serve as a resource for higher education professionals who have a professional interest in college student leadership training, education, and development. The Community will share best practices, provide critical evaluation of the field, examine standards for leadership programs, support national and regional efforts to develop student leadership programs, make contributions to the literature, recognize exemplary programs, and cultivate a forum for the presentation of new ideas.
SLP-KC Strategic Goals 2016-2018
- Increase our online presence through the use of social media and interactive features on the NASPA website.
- Find opportunities for face-to-face interactions of SLPKC members, both regionally and during our National Convention.
- Strengthen the relationships between SLPKC and the other KCs, which will allow us to reach a broader audience of professionals.
- Strengthen our Regional connections, finding new opportunities for our Regional Representatives to serve as resources for best practices and current research related to student training and development.
- Provide opportunities for scholarly research opportunities for leadership educators in all aspects of leadership development and assessment.