October 11, 2016
It is time to select the next Co-Chairs which is a change from our current Chair model. We invite you to view the full National KC Chair/Co-Chair Position Description. The SCIHE KC Co-Chair positions requires a three-year commitment:
· March 2017-March 2018: KC Co-Chair-elect
· March 2018-March 2020: KC Co-Chair
Any NASPA member may nominate another member for the role of Co-Chair-Elect. Self-nominations are also accepted. Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of:
· Regional and/or national visibility in the Knowledge Community,
· Participation in the Knowledge Community at the regional or national level, and
· Other contributions to the profession that relate to the mission of the Knowledge Community.
If you wish to nominate someone, or you are interested in serving in this position, please submit your nomination by email to DeOnte Brown at [email protected] not later than Monday, October 31, 2016. A complete nomination must include the following:
· Nominee(s) name, NASPA Member ID, title, institution, mobile phone number, and email address.
· Digital photograph (A standard “professional” headshot is most appropriate. If a color photograph is submitted, it will appear on the ballot in color; if a black-and-white photograph is submitted, it will appear on the ballot in black-and-white.)
· Current resume or C.V. devoid of personal information (e.g., home address, home phone number) and with any references removed. The resume or C.V. must be submitted in PDF format.
· Candidate statement (500-700 words, MS Word format) that clearly and concisely articulates the nominee’s philosophy, purpose, and/or goals. The candidate statement may include paragraph breaks where needed. If nominees are running as co-chairs, they should submit a single, joint candidate statement, which conforms to the 500-700 word requirement.
· Candidate(s) must have a current NASPA membership.
PLEASE NOTE: These materials will NOT be edited by the NASPA Office, so it is essential that candidates carefully prepare and review their materials before submitting them.
The nominations committee will review nominees’ materials, and then submit a final list of candidates to the NASPA Office for the official ballot. The NASPA Office will prepare the official ballot for distribution to all Knowledge Community members. Ballots will be mailed electronically to all KC members in January, 2017, and elections will be open for 30 days.
NASPA SCIHE KC Rep
NASPA Region III
NASPA SCIHE Knowledge Community
Opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of NASPA. If you agree or disagree with the content of this post, we encourage you to dialogue in the comment section below. NASPA reserves the right to remove any blog that is inaccurate or offensive.