Emerging Faculty Leader Academy
For a comprehensive overview of the program, including background, ideal applicant profile, expectations, and benefits of the program, please view this overview document.
The NASPA Emerging Faculty Leader Academy is a one-year program for emerging faculty leaders who want to gain knowledge, techniques and experience in order to develop and sustain a fulfilling faculty career. Seven participants will participate in on-line and in-person professional development and educational sessions in order to gain additional knowledge and skills about being a leader as a faculty member. Potential topics may include: teaching strategies and curriculum development, resources to deal with issues of tenure, merit and performance, and serving within professional associations such as NASPA.
The cohort who completes the NASPA Emerging Faculty Leaders Academy will be able to:
- Define leadership in a faculty role for themselves
- Identify individual plans to excel in a faculty career
- Target at least one "take away" from the individual plan to actuate
- Expand network of colleagues to collaborate within faculty work
- Explore ways to be involved in NASPA as a faculty member
The application process for the 2019-2020 cohort is now open!