Strategic Plan: 2018-2021
Mission: To connect members of the regional student affairs community in professional development efforts that build competencies and creates networks to share the rewards and challenges of educating college students.
Vision: NASPA Region II is the premier regional source for student affairs professional development that connects current and future practitioners and faculty of the field.
Strategic Goals & Action Steps (download a PDF of the plan here)
Focus on Our Future - Expand access for undergraduate students, graduate students and new professionals to NASPA2 programs, services and activities.
- Provide conference scholarships to graduate students and new professionals to attend the region’s annual conference;
- Organize no/low-cost year-round networking opportunities throughout the region through state-level programming.
- Provide socialization into the field, mentorship, and interview opportunities within the region.
Prepare Mid-Level Professionals to Lead - Introduce high-impact professional development opportunities for mid-level Student Affairs professionals throughout NASPA2.
- Introduce “Career Connections” (placement service) at the Regional Conference;
- Expand opportunities for mid-level professionals to be engaged in Careers in Student Affairs Month while aligning the Faculty Council with the Region’s NUFP program;
- Provide mentoring opportunities for career advancement;
- Expand year-round, virtual program offerings for mid-level managers.
Innovate Our Work - Provide opportunities to discover and discuss new and innovative strategies that address current issues in higher education.
- Introduce an on-going NASPA2 “senior student affairs officer roundtable” in conjunction with our expanded SSAO Institute at the Regional Conference;
- Offer faculty-specific initiatives;
- Provide timely information on state and national policies that impact our campuses and our students;
- Ensure that senior-level student affairs leaders and faculty are aware of new, and on-going NASPA initiatives and programs.
Commitment to Community Colleges and Two-Year Institutions - Develop and deliver programs focused on supporting student affairs work at community college and two-year institutions throughout NASPA2.
- Establish a NASPA2 Community College Institute;
- Ensure representation from community college and two-year institutions on the Regional Advisory Board and Regional Conference planning committee.
Download a PDF of NASPA2's Strategic Plan: 2018-2021 here.