Take Entry Level to the Next Level
In continuing the tradition of providing unique and high-quality professional development opportunities, NASPA Region I is proud to offer the 10th annual New Professionals Mentoring Institute (NPMI). The NPMI was launched in the Fall of 2008 as a means to provide new, full-time professionals in their first few years in the profession with instructional sessions facilitated by seasoned student affairs administrators and faculty, as well as mentorship from a mid- or senior-level Student Affairs professional. Professionals in all areas of Student Affairs are encouraged to apply!
The goals for the NPMI are:
1. Develop useful and practical networking skills to build relationships with peers and mid-/senior-level student affairs professionals
2. Understand how communication impacts professional reputation as student affairs professionals
3. Create strategies for effective supervision of staff, managing up, and collaborating with colleagues
4. Use best practices to being able to identify steps to contribute to the new professional's home institution
5. Gain the awareness and insight necessary to articulate who new professionals are, what they need, and how it affects their relationship with others
6. Identify techniques for self-care through effective time management, managing competing priorities, and establishing work/life balance
The curriculum and guest speakers will intentionally address all of these goals, with the first goal being a common thread through all of NPMI 2019. In addition to the four day-long, in-person institutes, we will be supplementing online opportunities to engage in additional conversation.
In order to ensure that NPMI provides its participants with an impactful and complete experience, participants are required to attend each of the four in-person sessions as well as each of the three hour-long online sessions. Day-long institutes will take place on a Friday while the hour-long online sessions will take place on a Wednesday.
Registration Cost: $150 (includes breakfast and lunch on the dates of the day-long institutes)