New Educators Institute
Thursday, January 19th • 11.00 AM – 04.00 PM
The New Educators Institute is designed for graduate students and new professionals. The half-day workshop runs from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Thursday, January 19, 2017. Lunch is provided along with a reception on Thursday evening following the institute.
The New Educators Institute provides the following insights:
- an overview and trajectory of the evolving profession of Student Affairs/Student Services
- profiles of the future students the profession must support
- specific ways to become an effective student affairs scholar
- an understanding of a Student Affairs “educator/scholar” vs. a Student Affairs “professional”
- opportunities to find professional mentors
- in-depth discussion of the terminal degree in the profession
- clear instructions on how to implement assessment in all programming activities
- opportunities to network with educators throughout Alabama.