|8:30 AM – 5:00 PM||
|9:00 AM – 2:00 PM||
|9:00 AM – 2:00 PM||
|3:30 PM – 4:30 PM||
|4:30 PM – 6:30 PM||
|6:30 PM – 8:30 PM||
Join us in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as we share innovative ideas, explore new topics in student affairs, and develop professional connections at the annual NASPA Region II Conference. This professional experience will give student affairs professionals the opportunity to strengthen skills, acquire knowledge, and develop meaningful connections with peers and colleagues.
If you are interested in being a program reviewer for the conference, log into Volunteer Central here with your NASPA username and password here!
Welcome to Pittsburgh! We’re so glad that you have chosen to attend NASPA Region II in the Steel City. Pittsburgh may have been known in the past for being the heart of the steel industry, but recently Pittsburgh gained notoriety for being a foodie hot spot, technology hub, and bike friendly. While you’re here, be sure to check out some local must-sees that really show off all that Pittsburgh has to offer:
- Mt Washington – ride “The Incline” up Mt. Washington and get an amazing view of the beautiful skyline. See how many bridges you can count from up there too (hint, you won’t be able to see all 446!)
- Three Rivers Heritage Trail – if you’re looking to run or bike before or after the conference, the Three Rivers Heritage Trail is a great path to take. Multiple routes are available, and you’ll always know where you are, not only because of the mile markers, but because the trail runs right along the rivers.
- Point State Park – a quick walk from the hotel leads you to where the three rivers of Pittsburgh meet (the Ohio, the Allegheny, and the Monongahela). Before you head down to the big fountain that marks “The Point” be sure to check out the history of Fort Pitt which played a significant role in the Revolutionary War. From the Point, you will also be able to see two of Pittsburgh’s stadiums: PNC Park where the Pirates play, and Heinz field where the Steelers and Pitt football have their games.
Primanti Brothers – a chain of sandwich shops in the eastern United States. Founded in 1933, the chain is known for its signature sandwiches of grilled meat, an Italian dressing-based coleslaw, tomato slices, and French fries between two pieces of Italian bread.
The restaurant and its signature sandwich have been featured in several national publications and television shows, including National Geographic magazine, Man v. Food, and Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America. Primanti Brothers made the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's list of "1,000 Places to See Before You Die in the USA and Canada," and their sandwich is a featured Pittsburgh landmark on Yinztagram.
The Cathedral of Learning – a Pittsburgh landmark listed in the National Register of Historic Places, is the centerpiece of the University of Pittsburgh's main campus in the Oakland neighborhood of the city. The 42-story Late Gothic Revival Cathedral is the tallest educational building in the Western hemisphere and the second tallest university building in the world. It is also the second tallest gothic-styled building in the world. The Cathedral of Learning was commissioned in 1921 and ground was broken in 1926. The first class was held in the building in 1931 and its exterior finished in October 1934, prior to its formal dedication in June 1937.
Colloquially referred to as "Cathy" by Pitt students, it functions as a primary classroom and administrative center of the university, and is home to the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences and many of its departments, as well as the University Honors College. It houses many specialty spaces, most notably its 30 Nationality Rooms.
This event is most likely to influence these groups.
Call for ProgramsSubmit Proposal
Deadline January 31, 2017
- December 02, 2016: Program proposals open.
- December 12, 2016: Call for program reviewers.
- January 31, 2017: Program proposal deadline.
- March 24, 2017: Presenter confirmation deadline.
- April 15, 2017: Early bird registration deadline.
Let others know you are coming!