NASPA individual members and Voting Delegates have access to member pricing for all NASPA events. If you are not a NASPA individual member, please visit our membership section to learn more about membership types and benefits. In many cases, an annual NASPA membership plus the event member registration fee are still less than the event non-member registration fee. We hope you’ll consider joining today!
Module One: Fundraising for the Uninitiated
Whether you are a new or veteran student affairs professional, involvement in fundraising might be new to you. This module will introduce and help you develop facility with the language of fundraising, familiarize you with key concepts, and provide you with a few tools, tips and techniques that you could put to work.
- Fundraising Terminology and Structures
- Good Better Best Practices
- Steps to Success
Module Two: Fundraising for Student Affairs
In this module, you will learn about how student affairs fundraising has evolved over the year to become a central focus for some units, what is special about fundraising for student affairs, and more in-depth information about unique ways to approach fundraising for student affairs designed to help you achieve success.
- Making the Case for Student Affairs Priorities
- Structuring Student Affairs Fundraising: Developing special staffing or engaging with institutional fundraisers, which is right for your unit?
- Identity-Based and Sector-Specific Fundraising
Module Three: Institutional Relationship Management, Legal and Ethical Issues, and the Future of Fundraising
You have learned the language, you understand key principles, and you have written your case statement. In this section you will learn about how to collaborate with academic and advancement institutional partners and about ethical and legal issues which must be taken into consideration. You will also give thought to what the future might bring for higher education and student affairs fundraising and how diversity will impact your advancement program and your donors.
- Academic Fundraising: Who, What, Why, When, How?
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Future Fundraising: Finding Opportunities in an Ever Changing Landscape
Accessing Your Course
Beginning July 20, 2020, registrants will be able to access the course under "My Online Events" in the NASPA Engagement Portal.
This is an asynchronous course, with primarily pre-recorded content for you to view.
You may view the materials as many times as you'd like, at whatever pace you would like.
- Registrants will receive announcements about this course through our learning management system and should add firstname.lastname@example.org to their safe sender email list.
- If you have any difficulty accessing the materials, please contact NASPA Online Professional Development (email@example.com).