|8:00AM – 3:00PM||
|3:30PM – 5:30PM||
|5:00PM – 6:00PM||
|6:30PM – 8:30PM||
Come join Region II & Region III for our joint summer conference! Housed in beautiful Washington D.C., this conference will bring together student affairs professionals from New York to Texas where we will be able to learn and grow from one another. We are excited about our first joint venture and hope you will be there!
CALL FOR PROGRAMS
Program Proposal Deadline: April 5, 2019 at 11:59 pm EST (NOW CLOSED)
Notification of Program Status: April 26, 2019
We encourage presenters to focus on the four pillars of NASPA - Inquiry, Inclusion, Integrity, and Innovation. As student affairs professionals and NASPA members, we strive to offer leadership, scholarship, and professional development to student affairs. In honoring our mission, proposals may reflect the critical questions faced by our students and colleagues, the best of our current practice, and the creative ideas that will shape the future.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following: session content, the Professional Competency Areas for Student Affairs, evidence of clearly stated outcomes and objectives, contribution to the knowledge and practice of student affairs, and adherence to program submission guidelines. Don’t hesitate to focus on building community in your sessions or using different presentation methods.
Program submissions are being accepted for the following program formats:
- General Interest Session: (50-minute session) This program type allows maximum time for presentation of information, and limited time for questions about the presentation.
- Conversations That Matter: (50-minute program session, including a 20-minute presentation and 30-minute discussion)This program type is designed to emphasize additional time for discussion. During this discussion time presenters are able to engage in hands-on learning examples such as case studies, panel presentations, and group dialogue.
- SASpeaks: (10-15-minute session) Similar to a "TED" Talk, SA Speaks are 10-15-minute sessions where a presenter speaks on a topic of interest to Student Affairs professionals focused on an identified theme.
- SAPresents:(7-minute session) During this program, similar to a “pecha kucha”, presenters utilize an engaging, timed slide presentation. This is an opportunity to present on a theme or idea in a concise, creative way. Presentations include 20 slides with each slide on the screen for 15 seconds (1-minute set-up, 5 minute presentation, 1 minute breakdown).
SPONSORSHIPS & EXHIBITING
Please click here to access our corporate sponsor packages. For additional sponsorship and exhibit booth questions, contact:
Joey Kopriva (Region II Coordinator)
Dr. Adam Peck (Region III Coordinator)
This event is most likely to influence these groups.
- AVP or “Number Two”
- New Professional
- Senior Level
- Vice President for Student Affairs
Call for Programs
Call for Programs is closed.Learn More
Let others know you are coming!