Complete Your Profile
In 2015, NASPA was awarded grant funding through the Colorado Office of Behavioral Health to address collegiate alcohol and other drug abuse prevention. Through 2020, the CADE will support collegiate prevention efforts by helping facilitate data collection surrounding alcohol and other drug use behaviors, creating online professional development opportunities for prevention teams, and providing technical assistance for all campus professionals as we work towards making our campuses a safer space for students to live, work, learn, and grow.
The CADE is in the process of creating a statewide dataset through the American College Health Association- National College Health Assessment. A preliminary report of the findings can be found here, though the full data set will be released in 2020.
In the spring of 2018, the Retail Marijuana Education Campaign at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment collaborated with the CADE and researchers at Colorado State University to create a Higher Education Cannabis Prevention Toolkit. This toolkit represents Colorado's commitment to healthy populations across the lifespan, and provides higher education practitioners with emerging research and evidence informed best practices.
In the fall of 2018, the CADE developed two ready-to-implement programs (Program in a Box) focused on Red Ribbon Week and National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week. In addition, alcohol and cannabis documents were created to support the work of the CADE. We welcome prevention teams at institutions of higher education to utilize these documents to support health and wellness efforts.
The CADE facilitates trainings and technical assistance to support prevention professionals on campus to change attitudes and behaviors surrounding high-risk alcohol use. CADE Collaborate also utilizes an online system designed to help college and university prevention teams share resources, implement best practices, and learn from each other. Any member of a Colorado higher education organization can access professional development, resources, and strategies for collaborative problem solving through CADE Collaborate. Enrollment in CADE Collaborate is complimentary for Colorado colleges and universities.
For more information regarding the CADE, please email our project team.
- Adams State University
- Arapahoe Community College
- Colorado College
- Colorado Mesa University
- Colorado Mountain College- Steamboat Springs
- Colorado Mountain College- Spring Valley
- Colorado Mountain College- Summit Campus
- Colorado Mountain College- Timberline Campus
- Colorado School of Mines
- Colorado State University
- Colorado State University Pueblo
- Community College of Denver
- Fort Lewis College
- Front Range Community College- Larimer Campus
- Front Range Community College- Westminster Campus
- Lamar Community College
- Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Northeastern Junior College
- Pueblo Community College
- Red Rocks Community College
- Regis University
- Trinidad State Junior College
- Trinidad State Junior College- Valley Campus
- University of Colorado Boulder
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- University of Colorado Denver
- University of Denver
- University of Northern Colorado
- Western Colorado University