Adult Learners and Students with Children Research Grant
Adult learners and students with children are important but relatively unstudied populations within higher education research. Studies indicate that students with children could represent over 25% of students (Gault, Reichlin, and Reynolds, 2014), and growth of non-traditional or adult students is expected to continue: the highest growth expected in 25-34 year old category at 25% growth compared to 20% growth in over 35 and 10% growth in under 25 according to the National Center for Educational Statistics through 2021.
The Knowledge Community for Adult Learners and Students with Children wishes to support further research into our populations and highlight that research in a meaningful manner by providing this annual grant.
The grant application is open to any current NASPA member. Submissions must:
- Submit a project title, research question (s), planned research method, timeline, and a case for how this would contribute to the body of research related to adult learners and/or students with children.
- A budget for the research and how the funds provided in this award would be utilized.
Graduate students must provide a letter of support from a faculty member.
- IRB approval, a statement of why waived/not necessary, or a plan for IRB approval must be submitted, as applicable
Award value is $200.00
- Materials must be submitted by the specified deadline
- Materials must include a letter in their own words agreeing to the following items: Agreement to submit research findings in a future Annual Conference session or poster proposal; agreement to share findings with the ALSC Knowledge Community within one year of awarding; agreement to share a detailed accounting of the use of the awarded NASPA funds; agreement to acknowledge the support of the NASPA Adult Learners and Students with Children Knowledge Community in a public fashion and provide evidence to the KC this was done.
2017 | Dr. Autumn Green
- Wellesley College