Campus Safety and Violence Prevention KC Campus Safety Initiator Award
The Campus Safety Initiator Award is presented to an individual who conceives of, initiates and implements unique and creative ideas related to campus safety that have definitively impacted the award winner’s campus and have great promise for use on other campuses as well.
The nominated individual must have demonstrated:
a. Sustained professional service as a student affairs professional
b. High-level competency in administrative skills
c. Merited respect and support of students, faculty, and fellow administrators on his/her own campus
d. Innovative, creative, and achievement-oriented ideas and programs
e. Effectiveness in the development of safety-related programming
f. Significant contributions to the field through publications or professional involvement
g. Achieved broad reaching collaboration among campus constituents
h. Must be a current member of NASPA.
Individual / Group Awards Nomination Submission
The nominator must be a NASPA member. The nomination should be submitted electronically via the submission form to Jeff Stefancic, Awards and Recognition Committee Chair by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time November 12, 2018. Nomination letters may be accompanied by up to 3 letters of support, also submitted as MS Word attachments. Self-nominations are accepted. Awards will be announced at the NASPA Annual Conference.
The Nomination letter should include:
- Name and contact information of nominator
- Name and contact information of nominee
- Award for which the individual/group is being nominated
- Description of how the nominee meets the standards for the award
- The resume/vita of the nominee or entity description
- Must be a current member in good standing of NASPA.
- Submissions should not exceed 10 pages to include supplemental material.
- Nomination must be accompanied by up to 3 letters of support.
Researcher and Author -
View All Current Recipients
2016 | Doug Searcy
President - Barton College