Gender and Sexuality KC Service to NASPA Award
The Gender and Sexuality Knowledge Community provides avenues for both social and professional involvement. We allow for personal and professional growth, increased awareness and acceptance of professionals and students, and promote understanding of professional and student needs.
Our community recognizes individuals, programs, and research that have made extraordinary contributions to the advancement of sexual and gender minorities inclusivity and education at the highest and broadest level. The awards aid to exhibit excellence and/or innovations that have added to the profession of Student Affairs and Higher Education and enhance the lives of their communities.
The Gender and Sexuality KC is currently seeking nominations for the 2019 Service to NASPA Award.
Individuals selected for their award will be notified in November and are expected to submit a current resume or CV to the Awards & Scholarships Co-Chairs at that time.
Nominations are due November 09, 2018.
- Recipient has made a significant contribution or rendered distinguished service to NASPA and/or Gender and Sexuality Knowledge Community, which enhances its image and enables it to meet its vision, mission and goals at local/regional/national levels.
- Recipient's contributions must be above and beyond the assigned duties of their role
- Recipient must be a member of NASPA
- Recipient may not have previously received award
- Short description the individual in 150 words or less (for use in publications)
Director - UH Wellness
View All Current Recipients
2018 | Matthew Jeffries
Director, Gender Identity/Expression & Sexual Orientation Resource Center - Washington State University
2017 | Brian Medina
Area Coordinator - Frostburg State University
2016 | Alex Cabal
Assistant Director of Student Activities - Babson College