Rising Star for Commitment to Civic Engagement
The Civic Learning & Democratic Engagement (CLDE) Knowledge Community is a space for professional development, idea generation, scholarship, and discussion related to the field of civic education and public service. The CLDE KC supports student affairs professionals as they promote engaged citizenship and student development, encourage democratic participation in their communities, respect and appreciate diversity, and advocate applied learning and social responsibility.
The purpose of the Rising Star for Commitment to Civic Engagement is to recognize an individual for their commitment to civic learning and democratic engagement. As higher education institutions are called upon to renew civic and democratic education, it is the goal of the CLDE KC to identify students and student affairs practitioners at all levels who embody civic engagement and foster a culture of civic learning.
Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement
View all awards by this group
Deadline: Nov. 04, 2018
This award application is closed for 2019.
This award is available to those at the undergraduate, graduate and new professional levels. Nominees for this award will have illustrated commitment to civic learning and democratic engagement during the academic year in which the award is presented. Commitment in the form of programming, research, service and mentorship will be supported through this award. The following materials are required to nominate a Rising Star: one-page nomination letter, a minimum of two supporting letters and a resume provided by the Rising Star nominee.
- Participated in activities that are designed to develop civic knowledge, skills and values.
- Identified and acted on community or campus issue(s).
- Action was taken that had a direct impact on the quality of life in the community.
- Developed a plan for continued work on identified problems or issues.
- Collected data or conducted research on student perceptions and needs regarding increased democratic engagement.
- Planned and implemented an activity or program geared toward civic education.
- Created policy change or other positive change for the campus or community.
Assistant Director, Student Life & Involvement - Baldwin Wallace University
View All Current Recipients
2018 | Kristina (Snader) Gage
Assistant Director for Community Engagement - University of North Carolina at Greensboro