The recipient of the award will be the Region III nominee for the Robert Shaffer Award for Academic Excellence as a Graduate Faculty member.
- Responsibility for teaching graduate or professional school students who generally pursue careers in higher education administration and student affairs
- Consistent and excellent mentorship of graduate students, several of whom have moved into responsible positions in higher education or student affairs
- Solid record of scholarly achievement in appropriate journals and publications
- Active individual NASPA membership
- Each nomination must include a letter of support from a student
- Must be a current member of NASPA Region III
- Significant contributions to professional associations
Each nomination should include a letter of nomination, at least one (1) but no more than three (3) letters of support, and the nominee's resume and contact information.
Winners will be notified in March and the presentation of the awards will be in June 2023.
Contact Tomiko Jenkins ([email protected]) and Sarah Urbanski ([email protected]), Region III Awards Co-Chairs.