This award is presented to an office/department/division at a college or university within Region IV-East that demonstrates a successful record of achievement in celebrating and creating a welcoming and inclusive campus environment. Cultural diversity includes issues related, but not limited to, race, religion, ethnicity, creed, gender, gender identity, military status, sexual orientation, and/or disability.
- Have a strong and sustained record of professional and/or civic involvement in activities that promote diversity and inclusion in education and/or the community
- Be actively engaged in advocating for, and advancing, diversity and inclusion in the profession through one's administrative and/or academic work
- Have a reputation for taking a stand on critical issues related to diversity, and inclusion even at risk to one's reputation and vocation
- Be dedicated to creating a campus environment that is culturally diverse and accepting of differences
- Be known as an individual whose work has "broken barriers" and in so doing has served as a role model, and helped to facilitate employment and educational access and opportunity, for others from diverse backgrounds
- Active NASPA membership – either institutional or individual by program contact
Please organize and limit material to relevant documentation. All required information must be submitted electronically via the online nomination form.
Once nominations are submitted for the Region IV-East Award for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, the Awards Committee may contact the nominator for names of persons from their respective campus community to gain additional supportive testimony. The award recipient(s) may be invited to present the selected program at the regional conference.
Winners will be notified in September and the presentation of the awards will be at the 2022 NASPA Joint IV-East and IV-West Regional Conference in November.
Tess Barker, Awards & Innovation Coordinator
Click learn more, to submit an award nomination.