This award is presented to a faculty member in a college personnel professional preparation program at a college or university within Region IV-East.
In addition to the regional recognition that accompanies this award, the recipient will also be considered for the National NASPA Robert H. Shaffer Award for Academic Excellence as a Graduate Faculty Member.
Below are the criteria that the Selections and Awards Committee of the NASPA Board of Directors will use to evaluate the nominees. Bolded bullets are required, while non-bolded bullets are preferred.
- Responsibility for teaching graduate or professional school students who generally pursue careers in higher education administration and student affairs
- Consistent and excellent mentorship of graduate students, several of whom have moved into responsible positions in higher education or student affairs
- Solid record of scholarly achievement in appropriate journals and publications
- Current NASPA member within Region IV-East
- Significant contributions to professional associations
- Served on doctoral committees
- Tenured, full-time, faculty member
Winners will be notified in September and the presentation of the awards will be at the 2022 NASPA Joint IV-East and IV-West Regional Conference in November.
Tess Barker, Awards & Innovation Coordinator
Click learn more, to submit an award nomination.