This award is presented to a faculty member in a college personnel professional preparation program at a college or university within Region IV-East.
Winners will be notified in October and the presentation of the awards will take place at the Region IV-East Conference in November in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Award winners should make every attempt to attend the Region IV-East Conference.
In addition to the regional recognition that accompanies this award, the recipient will also be considered for the National NASPA Robert H. Shaffer Award for Academic Excellence as a Graduate Faculty Member.
Below are the criteria that the Selections and Awards Committee of the NASPA Board of Directors will use to evaluate the nominees. Bolded bullets are required, while non-bolded bullets are preferred.
- Responsibility for teaching graduate or professional school students who generally pursue careers in higher education administration and student affairs
- Consistent and excellent mentorship of graduate students, several of whom have moved into responsible positions in higher education or student affairs
- Solid record of scholarly achievement in appropriate journals and publications
- Active individual NASPA membership
- Be a member within NASPA Region IVE.
- Significant contributions to professional associations
- Served on doctoral committees
- Tenured, full-time, faculty member