The Ruth Strange Research Award, sponsored by the Center for Women, recognizes a NASPA member for their outstanding contributions to the body of knowledge about womxn and gender in higher education. Submissions could be based upon published or unpublished articles, academic papers, books/monographs, or other scholarly contributions that demonstrate excellence and address topics that advance the understanding of womxn and gender in higher education. The Center for Women welcomes non-traditional scholarship submissions that contribute to the body of knowledge about women and gender in the academy.
- Current member(s)of NASPA
- Currently enrolled undergraduate, graduate and post-doctoral students, college faculty, or professionals working in student affairs or related fields.
- Letter that states:
- Nature of the scholarship
- Significance of the scholarship to advancing the understanding of womxn and gender in higher education
- Summary of scholarly contribution, not to exceed 3,500 words, which includes:
- Purpose of the scholarship
- Brief review of the theory/literature informing the scholarship
- Description of method(s) used
- Overview and discussion of findings/outcomes
- List of references (following the APA Publication Manual, 7th edition)
Applications are due October 16, 2020, and applicants will be notified by early January of status.