October 4, 2018
Attention Student Leadership Programs Knowledge Community (SLPKC) Members!
We are soliciting nominations of NASPA members to serve as the next Chair, or Co-Chairs, for NASPA’s SLPKC.
The commitment for this position is for three years. Elected leaders will serve as KC Chair/Co-Chair-elect from March 2019 to March 2020. They will serve as KC Chair/Co-chairs from March 2020 to March 2022. Elected leaders should plan to attend the Newly Elected KC Leader Orientation on Saturday, March 9, 2019 from 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at the 2019 NASPA Annual Conference. Newly elected leaders are also invited to the all KC Leader Meeting that follows the orientation session from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 9.
We invite you to view the full National KC Chair/Co-Chair Position Description.
Any NASPA member may nominate another member for the role of Chair-Elect or Co-Chair-Elect. Self-nominations are also accepted. Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of (1) regional and/or national visibility in the KC, (2) participation in the KC at the regional or national level, and (3) other contributions to the profession that relate to the mission of the KC.
If you wish to nominate someone, or you are interested in serving in this position, please submit your nomination by email to Kim Kushner ([email protected]) no later than Tuesday, October 16, 2018. A nomination must include the following:
- Nominee(s) name, NASPA Member ID, title, institution, mobile phone number, and email address.
- Digital photograph (A standard “professional” headshot is most appropriate. If a color photograph is submitted, it will appear on the ballot in color; if a black-and-white photograph is submitted, it will appear on the ballot in black-and-white.)
- Current resume or C.V. devoid of personal information (e.g., home address, home phone number) and with any references removed. The resume or C.V. must be submitted in PDF format.
- Candidate statement (500-700 words, MS Word format) that clearly and concisely articulates the nominee’s philosophy, purpose, and/or goals. The candidate statement may include paragraph breaks where needed. If nominees are running as co-chairs, they should submit a single, joint candidate statement, which conforms to the 500-700 word requirement.
- Candidate(s) must have a current NASPA membership.
PLEASE NOTE: These materials will NOT be edited by the nominations committee nor NASPA Office, so it is essential that candidates carefully prepare and review their materials before submitting them.
The nominations committee will review nominees’ materials, and then submit a final list of candidates to the NASPA Office for the official ballot. The NASPA Office will prepare the official ballot for distribution to all Knowledge Community members. Ballots will be mailed electronically to all KC members in January 2019, and elections will be open shortly afterward.
If you have any questions, please contact Kim ([email protected]) with the KC nominations committee.
Opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of NASPA. If you agree or disagree with the content of this post, we encourage you to dialogue in the comment section below. NASPA reserves the right to remove any blog that is inaccurate or offensive.