October 11, 2016
Dear Veterans Knowledge Community Members,
We are soliciting nominations of NASPA members to serve as the next Chair, or Co-chairs, for NASPA’s Veterans Knowledge Community. The KC Chair is elected for a three-year term: one year (March 2017-March 2018) as KC Chair-/Co-chair-elect and two years (March 2018-March 2020) as KC Chair/Co-chairs. We invite you to view the full National KC Chair/Co-Chair Position Description.
Any NASPA member may nominate another member for the role of Chair-Elect or Co-Chair-Elect. Self-nominations are also accepted. Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of (1) regional and/or national visibility in the Knowledge Community, (2) participation in the Knowledge Community at the regional or national level, and (3) other contributions to the profession that relate to the mission of the Knowledge Community.
If you wish to nominate someone, or you are interested in serving in this position, please submit your nomination by email to David Vacchi at [email protected] not later than October 21, 2016. A nomination must include the following:
· Nominee(s) name, NASPA Member ID, title, institution, mobile phone number, and email address.
· Digital photograph (A standard “professional” headshot is most appropriate. If a color photograph is submitted, it will appear on the ballot in color; if a black-and-white photograph is submitted, it will appear on the ballot in black-and-white.)
· Current resume or C.V. devoid of personal information (e.g., home address, home phone number) and with any references removed. The resume or C.V. must be submitted in PDF format.
· Candidate statement (500-700 words, MS Word format) that clearly and concisely articulates the nominee’s philosophy, purpose, and/or goals. The candidate statement may include paragraph breaks where needed. If nominees are running as co-chairs, they should submit a single, joint candidate statement, which conforms to the 500-700 word requirement.
- Candidate(s) must have a current NASPA membership.
VKC Chair Nominating Committee
Opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of NASPA. If you agree or disagree with the content of this post, we encourage you to dialogue in the comment section below. NASPA reserves the right to remove any blog that is inaccurate or offensive.