Complete Your Profile
This live briefing is focused on guiding leadership educators through an exploration of and reflection on leadership education tools, practices, and theories.
First, presenters will share background information about leadership education programs and leadership educators-- demographics of leadership educators, common leadership theories, and pedagogies to provide context about the field more widely. Then, the presenters will provide a short summary of Critical Race Theory, the theoretical framework that guides the webinar presentation. In detailing CRT, the presenters will share several examples of how they have applied CRT tenets to critically analyze common leadership theories and leadership education practices, in search of centering attention to power and racialization.Finally, presenters will walk attendees through a guided critical reflection, encouraging leadership educators to reflect on their tools, models, and practices and the ways that race/racism/racialization are or are not centered.
By offering critical reflexivity as a tool for practice, the presenters will encourage attendees to engage in similar practices with their colleagues and to allow attendees to share resources, ideas, and questions with one another. Overall, this live briefing seeks to engage leadership educators in a time of critical reflection in order to identify practices that maintain whiteness within leadership education.
By participating in this session, attendees will be able to:
- critically reflect on the leadership tools they use through a CRT lens;
- describe the normalized structures and practices in leadership education that reinforce whiteness; and
- develop tools and questions for future reflection and development of critical leadership education practices.
Knowledge Community Pricing
To ensure that you receive the appropriate pricing for the course, you must be a member of NASPA, and also a member of the sponsoring Knowledge Community. You will see the correct price in your cart once you complete the registration process and before you check out.
If the price does not come up as free for you, please take the following steps:
- DO NOT complete your registration. We will not issue refunds once you have completed the purchase of the course.
- Login to naspa.org by clicking the green "Login" button at the top of the screen.
- After you login, the green login button will become a drop down with menu options - click "Edit My Profile."
- From the left hand menu, click "My NASPA Engagement"
- You will see the KCs that you are currently a member of; if your membership to the sponsoring KC is not listed, please add it.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
- At the top of the left hand menu, click "My Personal Snapshot."
- You will see a link to renew your membership if yours is not currently active. You must be a member to recieve the discount.
Accessing the Presentation
Once you complete your registration, you will be able to access the session by following the instructions below:
- Go to My Online Events and log in with your NASPA username and password
- Once there, you will see a list of the online presentations you have registered for
- Choose your session, click “Continue,” and you will be brought to your course content
If you have any difficulty accessing the materials, please contact Jennifer E. Henkle (firstname.lastname@example.org).