This course is free for members of the Student Government Association and Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement KCs. For more information about pricing (and how to make sure you're getting the appropriate discount), please read below the course description.
The discussion will focus on the intersection of equity, civic learning, democratic engagement (CLDE) & student government advising (SGA). We will provide examples on how our campuses have moved beyond voter engagement.
Panelists will include:
- Candace Avalos, coordinator of student government relations and Greek life advisor, Portland State University
- Gabriela Ortiz Flores, coordinator, democratic engagement and special events, Center for Student Engagement, University of Nevada , Reno
- Christopher Jensen, director of civic engagement and social responsibility, Towson University
- Harold McNaron, director of student leadership and service, Lewis & Clark College
This webinar is hosted by the CLDE and SGA Knowledge Communities. Please join us for a lively discussion with plenty of time for questions and comments.
As a result of participating in this session, participants will report:
- having a basic understanding of equity as it relates to student affairs in higher education;
- knowledge of 1-2 challenges related to implementing equity initiatives within student affairs; and
- knowledge of 1-2 strategies related to implementing equity initiatives within student affairs.