The discussion will focus on the intersection of equity, civic learning, democratic engagement (CLDE) & student government advising (SGA). We will provide examples on how our campuses have moved beyond voter engagement.
Panelists will include:
- Candace Avalos, coordinator of student government relations and Greek life advisor, Portland State University
- Gabriela Ortiz Flores, coordinator, democratic engagement and special events, Center for Student Engagement, University of Nevada , Reno
- Christopher Jensen, director of civic engagement and social responsibility, Towson University
- Harold McNaron, director of student leadership and service, Lewis & Clark College
This webinar is hosted by the CLDE and SGA Knowledge Communities.
As a result of participating in this session, participants will report:
- having a basic understanding of equity as it relates to student affairs in higher education;
- knowledge of 1-2 challenges related to implementing equity initiatives within student affairs; and
- knowledge of 1-2 strategies related to implementing equity initiatives within student affairs.