Complete Your Profile
Overview of Excellence Awards
NASPA recognizes the contributions of members who are transforming higher education through outstanding programs, innovative services, and effective administration. All NASPA members are encouraged to enter recently developed and/or longstanding programs and initiatives for consideration for the NASPA Excellence Awards.
Programs selected for recognition in each category will receive one of three designations: Gold, Silver, or Bronze. The gold recipients from each category will be further judged for the designations of Grand Gold, Grand Silver, and Grand Bronze.
Submissions will be due by October 22, 2019. There is no specific time by which your submission must be made on October 22, 2019. Gold Award recipients will be recognized at the 2020 NASPA Annual Conference in Austin, TX.
If the submission relates to a program that relies on substantive use of multimedia technology, a link to those materials should be embedded in the award submission. The materials must be accessible to committee members without the need for user identification or password.
To access a video that overviews the submission process, please utilize this link.
Excellence Awards Judging Criteria
Entries within each category will be reviewed by a cross-section of experienced NASPA members. Three to five judges will independently review submissions using the following criteria:
- Impact on student learning and success demonstrated through transition, retention, or achievement outcomes
- Relevance to institutional mission and/or applicability to student affairs profession institutionally, regionally, or nationally
- Success in addressing student needs or responding to critical campus concerns and issues
- Involvement, inclusion, and collaboration with academic affairs and other campus departments in planning and implementation
- Use of innovative and creative methods, practices, or activities including the use of social media and emerging learning technologies
- Application of available or emerging theoretical models, practical research, and program assessment
In addition, submissions will also be assessed for the quality of the program description, explanation of concepts, and clarity of writing. Please see this link for the rubric which will be used for assessment.
Excellence Awards Application Requirements
To be considered for a NASPA Excellence Award, you must submit the following information:
- Correspond to one Excellence Award category
- Program title
- Executive summary (500 words or less)
- Information around Student Learning and/or Success, Mission and/or Advancement of Student Affairs, Student and/or campus needs, Collaboration and Sustainability, Originality and creativity, and Application of Research, Theory, and Assessment
- Letters of support (maximum of three)