The Gender and Sexuality Knowledge Community provides avenues for both social and professional involvement. We allow for personal and professional growth, increased awareness and acceptance of professionals and students, and promote understanding of professional and student needs.
Our community recognizes individuals, programs, and research that have made extraordinary contributions to the advancement of sexual and gender minorities inclusivity and education at the highest and broadest level. The awards aid to exhibit excellence and/or innovations that have added to the profession of Student Affairs and Higher Education and enhance the lives of their communities.
The Gender and Sexuality KC is currently seeking nominations for the 2019 Exemplary Program Award.
Individuals selected for their award will be notified in November and are expected to submit a current resume or CV to the Awards & Scholarships Co-Chairs at that time.
To qualify for this award, a program or activity must have:
- Relevance to Gender & Sexuality topics in Higher Education
- Specific and measurable goals and learning outcomes
- Occurred or be in progress by the date of nomination
- A thorough and creative design
- Replicable at other institutions
- A quantifiable impact on audience, institution, community and/or field of Higher Education
- Program’s Institution must be a member of NASPA
- Program or activity may not have previously received this award
- Please be sure to address these criteria in your nomination. Attach a narrative no more than one page and a brief program summary
- You may also include up to five pages of supporting material
- List program staff and/or other personnel (include name, title, department, email, and institution) who should be identified on award certificate
- Short description of the program in 150 words or less (for use in publications)