The Gender and Sexuality Knowledge Community provides avenues for both social and professional involvement. We allow for personal and professional growth, increased awareness and acceptance of professionals and students, and promote understanding of professional and student needs.
Our community recognizes individuals, programs, and research that have made extraordinary contributions to the advancement of sexual and gender minorities inclusivity and education at the highest and broadest level. The awards aid to exhibit excellence and/or innovations that have added to the profession of Student Affairs and Higher Education and enhance the lives of their communities.
The Gender and Sexuality KC is currently seeking nominations for the 2019 Service to Student Affairs Award.
Individuals selected for their award will be notified in November and are expected to submit a current resume or CV to the Awards & Scholarships Co-Chairs at that time.
- Recipient must have published/presented/consulted/used creative approaches/ or organized policy around G&S topics in Student Affairs
- Recipient's contributions must be above and beyond the expected duties of their position
- Recipient is viewed as an excellent Student Affairs administrator by peers by demonstrating the skills, attitudes, knowledge, qualities and values of Student Affairs
- Recipient must be a member of NASPA
- Recipient may not have previously received award
- Short description the individual in 150 words or less (for use in publications)