This award honors an individual whose exemplary service and leadership has positively impacted the education and development of Indigenous professionals and whose supportive capacity has enhanced the participation of Indigenous Peoples in NASPA.
Evaluation of nominees will be made based on demonstration of the following criteria:
- The nominee has contributed significantly to NASPA and advanced the mission of the Indigenous Peoples Knowledge Community (IPKC).
- The nominee has a reputation for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion to ensure the full and equal participation of Indigenous Peoples in NASPA.
- The nominee has demonstrated an exceptional commitment to the creation of an empowering professional association context for Indigenous Peoples.
If the IPKC award committee believes that none of the nominees meets the criteria for the award, the committee may recommend that no award be presented. Conversely, if the committee believes more than one nominee is worthy, multiple awards may be given.
Nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements to be recognized:
- The nominee must be a current member of NASPA at the time of nomination.
- Nominators must be current members of NASPA. Self-nominations are welcomed.
- Nominators must submit information via the nomination form.
- A letter of support must be submitted by an individual other than the nominator. The letter should include evidence that substantiates the nominee’s contributions.
- The awardee will be recognized by the IPKC Leadership Team at the NASPA Annual Conference.
- The award will consist of a cultural memento or a certificate of achievement.