NASPA membership is required for this nominee.
The recipient of this award will be the Region I nominee for the Fred Turner Award for Outstanding Service to NASPA given at the national conference.
The Region I Fred Turner Award for Outstanding Service to NASPA recipients exemplify the spirit of volunteerism as it applies to NASPA at the state, regional, or national level.
- Minimum of 10 years of continuous service to Region I
- Leadership performance in NASPA at the state, regional, or national level, the high quality of which is recognized by NASPA peers
- Contributions above and beyond the normal service required by positions of leadership
- Progression from entry-level to senior-level leadership roles within NASPA's volunteer ranks
- Involvement in multiple branches (e.g., Regions, Knowledge Communities, Divisions and Groups, etc.) of the association
- Volunteer service that has had a significant impact on NASPA as an association