This state award recognizes achievement, involvement and potential for leadership in our emerging Student Affairs professionals. Nominees for this award must be students pursuing a masters or doctoral degree related to student affairs with the intent of pursuing a career in the field. Nominees may not be current full-time employees of an institution. Preference will be given to students who also have a graduate assistantship or internship experience in a student affairs department.
The regional winner of this category will also be forwarded to the NASPA national office for consideration for recognition at the national level.
- Has made a significant contribution to the home campus
- Demonstrated academic achievement
- Exceeded the expectations of their respective leadership positions
- Assumed a leadership role at their institution and/or at the state or regional levels
- Demonstrated an interest in the field of student affairs