By the conferral of this award NASPA continues its traditions of both honoring prominent research and scholarship in Higher Education and Student Affairs and supporting the community colleges sector. In order to support the goals of a strong research-based practice, this annual award is presented to an individual or team who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing research and scholarship on the topic of student affairs in the community college.
In addition to the regional recognition that accompanies this award, the recipient will also be considered for the National NASPA Community College Professional Award.
- Exceptional contributions to student affairs practice in community colleges through sustained research and scholarship. (Impact of research must have implications for higher education at the national or international level)
- Outstanding individual contribution in innovative and responsive services and programs that address varied and emerging needs of student
- A minimum of five years’ experience in student affairs.
- Resume(s) or vita(e)
- Active individual NASPA membership
- Self Nominations will be accepted.
Winners will be notified in September and the presentation of the awards will be at the 2021 NASPA IV-E Regional Conference in November.
Tess Barker, Awards & Innovation Coordinator
Click learn more, to submit an award nomination.