This award is presented to a student pursuing a masters or doctoral degree related to student affairs at a college or university within each state of Region IV-East. The awards committee may choose to present this award to both a masters and doctoral student. Each state/province within Region IV-East will have a recipient for the Graduate Student Rising Star award.
In addition to the regional recognition that accompanies this award, the recipient will also be considered for the National NASPA Graduate Student Rising Star.
Winners will be notified in October and the presentation of the awards will take place at the Region IV-East Conference in November in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Award winners should make every attempt to attend the Region IV-East Conference.
- Demonstrated excellence in the classroom
- Intent of pursuing a career in student affairs
- Leadership and innovation in their assistantship/internship/cooperative experience
- Preference is given to candidates whose assistantship/internship/cooperative experience is within a Student Affairs division.
- Potential for significant contributions to the student affairs profession