This award is presented to a student pursuing a masters or doctoral degree related to student affairs at a college or university within each state of Region IV-East. The awards committee may choose to present this award to both a masters and doctoral student. Each state/province within Region IV-East may have a recipient for the Graduate Student Rising Star award.
Winners will be notified and recognized in November.
- Demonstrated excellence in the classroom
- Intent of pursuing a career in student affairs
- Leadership and innovation in their assistantship/internship/cooperative experience
- Preference is given to candidates whose assistantship/internship/cooperative experience is within a Student Affairs division.
- Potential for significant contributions to the student affairs profession
Chantelle Thompson, Awards & Innovation Coordinator