This award is conferred in recognition of outstanding contribution to higher education and the profession over an extended period of time. Recipients demonstrate the following:
- consistently advocated for the holistic student experience for 7 or more years, with major national and/or international impact;
- outstanding service to an institution of higher education in NASPA;
- outstanding service to NASPA at the state, regional, or national level;
- significant contributions to the field of student affairs;
- successful implementation of model innovations in the field of student affairs; and
- exemplary record of service as a mentor for students and for professionals.