This award is conferred upon a professional who has served as a Senior Student Affairs Officer for more than 15 years and has made exemplary contributions to the student affairs profession. This award honors NASPA’s founding Board Chair (1919-20) and former dean of men at the University of Wisconsin. Recipients demonstrate the following:
- sustained professional service and leadership within NASPA;
- exemplary managerial and administrative skills;
- merited stature among and support of students, faculty, and fellow administrators on the campus served;
- strategic and innovative response in meeting varied and emerging needs of a campus;
- effectiveness in the development of junior staff members;
- significant contributions to the field through publications and involvment in multiple professional associations; and
- collaborative, effective and inspirational leadership in university and community affairs.
Each nomination should include a letter of nomination, at least five support letters, the nominee’s resume and contact information.