Special Issue Proposal Deadline: August 1, 2021
The Journal of Women and Gender in Higher Education is pleased to announce the addition of a fourth issue each year. Beginning with Volume 15 (2022), one of the issues will be a guest-edited special issue. In the inaugural year of quarterly publication, Issue 3 will be the special issue; in subsequent volumes, the special issue will be the first issue of the year.
Each special issue will include 6 empirical articles that run approximately 25 pages in length plus an optional guest editor(s)’ introduction. As with manuscripts submitted through JWG’s regular process, all manuscripts under consideration for a special issue will go out for blind peer review.
We are currently soliciting proposals for the 2022 special issue. Proposals must:
- Identify a theme for the special issue
- The theme must align with the aim and scope of the journal
- Justification for the relevance of the proposed theme must be included
- Identify one or more guest editor(s), detailing how their expertise aligns with the proposed theme of the special issue
- Include CVs/Resumes for the guest editor(s)
To be considered, guest editor(s) must adhere to the following timeline:
Publish call for submissions: August 15, 2021
Deadline for submissions: December 15, 2021
Manuscripts out for peer review: December 15, 2021-February 1, 2022
Selection of manuscripts for issue: February 1, 2022
Finalize all revisions of manuscripts: May 1, 2022
To propose a special issue, submit all required materials to Co-Editors Margaret Sallee and Jeni Hart by August 1, 2021.