Special Issue Proposal Deadline: September 1, 2023
The Journal of Women and Gender in Higher Education is soliciting proposals for the 2025 special issue. Volume 18, a guest edited special issue, will be the first issue of the year.
Each special issue will include up to 6 scholarly articles that run approximately 25 pages in length, plus an introduction from the guest editor(s). As with manuscripts submitted through JWG’s regular process, all manuscripts under consideration for a special issue will go out for anonymous peer review. Like our regular submission process, we expect that the guest editor(s) will work with authors through potentially multiple rounds of developmental review until the manuscript is ready for publication.
To be considered, you must submit a proposal that includes the following:
- Proposed special issue theme and rationale
- Rationales should describe how the theme aligns with the aim and scopeof the journal
- Rationales should clearly argue the relevance of the proposed theme
- One or more guest editor(s), detailing how their expertise aligns with theproposed theme of the special issue
- Include CVs/Resumes for the guest editor(s). Many of our successful applications come from those with significant experience with both publishing and reviewing in peer-reviewed outlets.
Proposals should be no more than 2-3 single-spaced pages maximum, excluding CVs/Resumes. To be considered, guest editor(s) must adhere to the following timeline:
Publish call for submissions: October 1, 2023
Deadline for submissions: January 6, 2024
Manuscripts out for peer review: January 7, 2024 – February 20, 2024
Selection of manuscripts for issue: February 27, 2024
Finalize all revisions of manuscripts: August 31, 2024
To propose a special issue, submit all required materials to Co-Editors Natasha Croom ([email protected]), Jeni Hart ([email protected]), and Laura Parson ([email protected]) by September 1, 2023. Please contact the Co-EICs with any questions.