Message from the Chair
Welcome to the Student Affairs Fundraising and Communications KC! This group of professionals is dedicated to sharing knowledge about fundraising, communication, and various other methods for connecting with external constituents. We hope you will join our email list, follow us on social media, and assist in sharing information pertinent to this growing field!
The mission of the Student Affairs Fundraising and Communications Knowledge Community is to serve as a clearinghouse for Student Affairs communications and fundraising professionals to share and discuss information, resources, and best practices related to fundraising and communications within the field of Student Affairs and Higher Education.
- Provide Student Affairs fundraisers (whether reporting through their respective division of student affairs or an institution-wide development office) and communications professionals (at the divisional or unit levels) with a platform to share and discuss best practices and emerging trends within Student Affairs and Higher Education
- Provide all Student Affairs professionals, including senior leaders, with a foundational knowledge of Student Affairs fundraising and communications
- Maintain a visible and strong presence within NASPA by expanding the KC’s membership and engaging in NASPA conferences, publications, and other in-person and online platforms
Complete Your Profile
Login and update your profile.
Knowledge Community leaders are NASPA volunteers who have generously devoted their time to their Knowledge Community. Chairs are elected by the Knowledge Community members while Regional Representatives are selected from within the region. Additional roles are selected by the Knowledge Community.
The Student Affairs Fundraising and Communications Knowledge Community compiled the following list of resources. However, inclusion on this list does not represent an endorsement of the information, site, or organization by NASPA and any of its entities.
- “Three and a Tree” by 160over90
- “Start with Why” by Simon Sinek
- “Applied Empathy: The New Language of Leadership” by Michael Ventura
- “Change by Design: How Design Thinking Transforms Organizations and Inspires Innovation” by Tim Brown
- “This is Marketing” by Seth Godin
- “Media U: How the Need to Win Audiences Has Shaped Higher Education” by John Marx and Mark Garrett Cooper