Community College Professional Award
NASPA continues its tradition of honoring prominent higher education and student affairs leaders for their contributions to the profession specifically regarding community colleges. This award is presented to an individual who has demonstrated leadership and a commitment to NASPA and/or the profession in relation to community colleges. Student affairs professionals in all positions at community colleges are eligible for this award
Nominations include a letter of nomination, the resume or vita of the nominee, and no more than three letters of support. This award is conferred upon a professional who has demonstrated the following:
- a minimum of five years of experience as a student affairs professional in a community college;
- leadership and a commitment to NASPA and/or the profession;
- active involvement with the profession;
- contributes in the creation of a community college campus environment that promotes student learning and personal development;
- an outstanding individual contribution in innovative and responsive services, programs, research and/or scholarship that address varied and emerging needs of community college students and/or community college student affairs professionals; and
- active individual NASPA membership.
2019 | Anthony Gutierrez, Ed.D.
Faculty Coordinator, Office of Student Life and Leadership - Cuesta College
2018 | Chrissy L. Davis Jones, Ed.D.
Acting Vice President of Student & Administrative Services - Spokane Falls Community College
2017 | Karl Brooks, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs - Oakton Community College
2016 | Kimberly M. Lowry, Ph.D.
Associate Vice President, Academic Affairs and Student Success - Eastfield College of the Dallas County Community College District
2015 | Quincy Martin III, Ed.D.
Associate Vice President, Student Affairs - Triton College
2014 | Magdalena de la Teja, Ph.D. & J.D.
Vice President for Student Development Services - Tarrant County College, Northeast Campus
2013 | John Laws, Ed.D.
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs - Ivy Tech Community College
2012 | Denise Swett, Ed.D.
Associate Vice President of Middlefield Campus and Community Programs - Foothill College
2011 | Kate Mueller, Ed.D.
Dean, Enrollment Services - Orange Coast College
2010 | Henry Gee
Vice President, Student Services - Rio Hondo College