Region IV-East Fred Turner Award for Outstanding Service to NASPA
This award is presented to an individual who has demonstrated outstanding achievement to the student affairs profession and Region IV-East over an extended period of time.
Winners will be notified in August and the presentation of the awards will take place at the Region IV-East Conference in November in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Award winners should make every attempt to attend the Region IV-East Conference.
In addition to the regional recognition that accompanies this award, the recipient will be considered for the National NASPA Fred Turner Award for Outstanding Service to NASPA.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Student Affairs professional
- Continuous NAPSA membership for at least 10 years
- Exemplary record of service as a mentor for students and for new professionals
- Leadership and service to NASPA at the state, regional, and/or national level
- Contribution above and beyond the normal service required by positions of leadership
- Service to an institution of higher education within Region IV-East
- Successful implementation of model innovations in the field of student affairs
STEP 1: Write a letter of nomination
STEP 2: Get the nominee's contact information and resume/c.v. and contact information.
STEP 3: Collect three (3) letters of support.
STEP 4: The person coordinating the nomination should gather the nomination materials (depending on the nomination may include letter(s) of support, a proposal, resume/C.V, etc.), visit the awards' website and submit the materials online. All of the application materials must be uploaded at the same time.
STEP 5: Submit the nomination by the published deadline.
Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students - Carthage College
“I am reminded of a quote by Robert Ingersoll, “We rise by lifting others.” Because Kimberlie has mentored, challenged, and lifted others, amazing work has been done on behalf of NASPA and many colleagues, especially those in IV-E have been greatly impacted. There are many of us who are even more privileged to say that because of the way Kimberlie “lifted” us, our lives have changed.” - Lisa Brown Cornelius, Director of Residence Life, John Carroll University
View All Current Recipients
2016 | Carrie Don
Business Manager, Student Affairs - DePaul University
2015 | Frank Ross III
- Northeastern Illinois University