NOMINATING A COLLEAGUE IS EASY!
STEP 1: Write a letter of nomination.
STEP 2: Collect a minimum of one (1) - maximum of three (3) - letters of support and a copy of the nominee's resume.
STEP 3: The person coordinating the nomination should gather the nomination materials and then go online to submit. You must upload all of the information at the same time.
STEP 4: Submit the nomination!
Each year NASPA recognizes outstanding members by honoring individual professionals with regional awards. To continue with this tradition, please consider nominating one of your Region II colleagues.
The Fred Turner Award for Outstanding Service to NASPA, named in honor of former Chair of the NASPA Board of Directors (1958- 1959), honors a member who has served in leadership roles at the state, regional, national, and/or international levels of NASPA for a sustained period of time. This award is presented to an individual who has demonstrated outstanding achievement to the student affairs professional and Region II over an extended period. In addition to the regional recognition that accompanies this award, the recipient will be considered for the National NASPA Fred Turner Award for Outstanding Service to NASPA.
- Contributions above and beyond the normal service required by positions of leadership
- Volunteer service to the association via leadership roles at the state, regional, national, or international levels
- Involvement in multiple branches (e.g., Regions, Knowledge Communities, Divisions and Groups, etc.) of the association
- Volunteer service that has had a significant impact on NASPA as an association
- Leadership performance in NASPA at the state, regional, or national level, the high quality of which is recognized by NASPA peers
- Minimum of ten continuous years of NASPA membership
- Progression from entry-level to senior-level leadership roles within NASPA’s volunteer ranks
- Active individual NASPA membership
Questions? Contact Ashley Lemon, Awards Chair, at [email protected].