This award is presented to an individual who has excelled as a senior student affairs officer in the student affairs profession at a college or university within Region IV-East. *According to the NASPA National Office, Dean refers to any title that denotes the lead student affairs officer on campus.
This award is named for NASPA’s founding Chair of the Board of Directors (1919-1920) and former Dean of Men at the University of Wisconsin. The award is presented to a Chief Student Affairs Officer (CSAO)* who has demonstrated sustained professional achievement in student affairs work, innovative response in meeting students’ varied and emerging needs, effectiveness in developing staff, and leadership in community and college or university affairs. The award recipient must also have earned stature among and support of student, faculty, and fellow administrators on campus, and made significant contributions to the field through publications or involvement in professional associations.
Winners will be notified and recognized in November.
In addition to the regional recognition that accompanies this award, the recipient will also be considered for the National NASPA Scott Goodnight Award for Outstanding Performance as a Dean.
- Serves as home institution’s Chief Student Affairs Officer
- Seen as collaborative, effective, and inspirational by a range of campus constituencies
- Strategic and innovative in providing programs and services to students
- High level of competency in developing staff
- Current NASPA member within Region IV-East
- Exemplary managerial and administrative skills
- Demonstrated sustained professional service to the student affairs profession and as a Chief Student Affairs Officer
- Innovative response in meeting students’ varied and emerging needs
- Earned stature among and support of students, faculty, and fellow administrators on their campus
- Leadership in greater campus and community affairs
- Significant contributions to literature and publications about student affairs and higher education
- Significant contributions to professional associations
Submit Your Nomination Here!
Chantelle Thompson, Awards & Innovation Coordinator