I first want to thank you for being who you are and doing what you in the name of your profession. You positively impact the lives of your students each and every day and you should never forget that!
As you prepare to start the Spring 2021 semester, please consider a gift to the Foundation. When you give to the NASPA Foundation, you make a difference. Through a tax-deductible contribution to the NASPA Foundation, you invest in innovative research. You provide scholarships for NASPA members of all levels. You advance excellence in our field. You shape the future of the student affairs profession!
The NASPA Foundation’s Pillar of the Profession Award honors members of the profession who:
- Have provided significant service to NASPA through regional and/or national leadership roles within the Association.
- Have created a lasting impact on the institution(s)/organization(s) at which they have worked, leaving a legacy of extraordinary service recognized by a cross-section of institutional/organizational stakeholders.
- Have demonstrated sustained, lifetime professional distinction in the field of student affairs and/or higher education.
Help us celebrate our 2021 Pillar of the Profession Laura Valdez. Laura is Director of the Office of Advising Strategies at the University of New Mexico. With a donation to the NASPA Foundation in the name of Laura, you will ensure the advancement, health, and sustainability of the student affairs profession and help answer the challenges we face as educators. To donate to support Laura click here. In addition, Region IV-W has numerous other Pillars for you to support who have moved on to other regions across the NASPA community.
Donor gifts have allowed for scholarships to directly support membership dues in full for our newly created Transitional Membership available to those who have been furloughed or laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you do not qualify for the Transitional Membership, scholarships are also open for any NASPA member in need, including those without institutional support for professional development:
- Transitional Members - full funding
- Graduate Student Affiliates - full funding
- Professional Affiliates - 50% funding (member dues reduced from $75 to $38)
- Associate Affiliates - funding for difference between Associate Affiliate and Professional Affiliate rates (member dues reduced from $242 to $75)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis in order of expiration date. Applicants will be contacted within two weeks of their application submission. Scholarships will remain available for memberships expiring through June 30, 2021 or until funding is expended, whichever comes first. The NASPA Foundation will evaluate the success of the scholarship program and extend through the spring, if possible. For more information about NASPA Membership, please visit our membership homepage.
The Foundation cannot be who it is and do what it does without you. We thank you in advance for your continued support. Stay safe!